Bailey’s Café is a space of community healing and belonging — a secular church, a home, a kitchen table. Bailey’s welcomes all with an open heart, compassion and love, generating a culture of belongingness, non-judgment, acceptance, community, and space to be your full self. This is Bailey’s unique value.
Bailey’s Café creates an environment for
● youth to come together and grow through creativity, imagination, and communion
● elders and youth come together to communicate, share and learn
● the “rough around the edges” be welcomed in a nonjudgmental space
● deep personal connections
● exposure to new things such as radical self-wellness, different forms of arts
● continuation of culture in the neighborhood
● investigation and challenging of gentrification
● safe space to connect and belong across their differences
● a home with a welcoming energy
● a responsive space that is doing what the community needs at the moment
● a space that loves communities it serves
Please Join Us
Bailey’s Fifth Annual Intimate Salon Fundraiser
A Family Affair
October 10, 2019 7 PM to 9:30 PM
Testimonials from the Bailey’s Community
"I did not know anything about theater and the arts until I met Ms. Kymbali. Now I have picked up some of her attributes and I am able to lead the group in warm ups and other theater games. Bailey’s Café is more than an arts program in that it helps you further your growth emotionally, spiritually, and every way."
"Now I am more connected and more decisive. I want to be strong and have my voice heard, to be more articulate and stand up for myself."
"This is my second time being with this group and I never expected i would have been doing what I was doing – thought I would just come and observe-here i am acting. It is like therapy, like group therapy it fits in there somewhere. It is a great opportunity to work with young people."
"We are pushing to meet somewhere in the middle (youth and elders) so we can just become one community…we have drifted as a people…we are pushing for something better in the community"