Welcome to Baileys Cafe
Bailey’s Cafe connecting the generations to make a better world.
We believe in nurturing and guiding individuals in their pursuit of self-knowledge through writing, service, cooking, music, dance, and fine arts. We aim to create an atmosphere of collective awareness, respect and responsibility, built on the talents and resources of the community.
Fall 2012: You can find us at the Freebrook Academy, 375 Stuyvesant @ Decatur in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
Precious Pearls, girls afterschool program, meets Tuesdays, Wednesdaya and Thursdays 3:30 PM to 6 PM. Fridays we are meeting with elders at the Fort Greene Stuyvesant Heights Senior Center 69 MacDonough Street, 3:30 PM to 5 PM
Looking to get involved with our intergenerational programs or our green program? Call 718-670-7063
Bailey’s Cafe Kicks Off Community College Fund: In recognition that many of the young people in our programs need financial support to enter and sustain their college careers we started a college fund. Please check out: http://robesoncollegefund.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/baileyscafecollegefund/ for more information see Community College Fund on the Project page.
Our goals are to provide youth with an opportunity to connect to positive adults and peers; provide youth and seniors with outlets for creative expression; support good health and nutrition; and to provide meaningful community service opportunities. We will meet these goals through the following objectives:
- Organizing regular community service projects.
- Providing instruction and information on health and nutrition through workshops and cooking events.
- Organize creative expressions workshops and events at local venues, including improvisational theater and multi-media performances
- Provide leadership development workshops and activities, and mentoring opportunities for youth.
- Host or co-host a variety of opportunities for participants to have their voices heard through community theatre, video and other forms of media as well as discussion groups and public forums
- The ultimate vision for Bailey’s to have its own home, where it can forge a day-to-day existence that is shaped by demonstrated community needs and input.