Connecting Generations to Make a Better World
Bailey’s Café is a Brooklyn-based, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to providing creative and collaborative environments to communities across New York City. We create these types of environments through partnerships with local leaders and inter-generational volunteers, all focused on community-building through service and the arts.
We believe in nurturing and guiding individuals in their pursuit of self-knowledge through acting, video making, writing, service, cooking, music, dance, and fine arts. We aim to create an atmosphere of collective awareness, respect and responsibility, built on the talents and resources of the community.
- Relationships are Key: Positive, reciprocal relationship building is a primary part of our process. They are key to individual healing, creativity and community building.
- Inter-generational Matters: In our work and relationships we are always striving to find new ways to “bridge the gap” between all generations and to break down barriers that prevent us from building healthy, peaceful communities.
- Everyone’s Story Counts: Story sharing is fundamental to our creative work; it is a tool for gaining understanding of ourselves, others and the world around us.
- Environment Matters: We respect and nurture our surroundings, the ones we find ourselves in and the ones we create.
- Practice Non Violence in Our Speech and Actions: We strive to model non violence in our work and relationships, between staff, participants, community and our environment.
Events and Programs
Inter-generational Projects and Programs: Community service projects bringing youth and elders together