Connecting Generations to Make a Better Worl
Check Out Our Events & Programs Page for More Information on Current Programming
Including Our Veterans Project and Rites/Rights of Passage Program
Late Summer, Early Fall Events
Bailey’s Cafe Arts-Based Rites/Rights of Passage Summer Program Program was a Great Success!
Big Thank You to All Our Supporters that Made It Possible
Stertil-Koni, Brooklyn Arts Council, JDM Foundation, Miles Nadal, Tom Blair
Our Fall Programming is in Development
Updates on After School and our Community-Based Performance Piece As Quiet As It’s Kept Coming Soon
First Fridays with Janice Pendarvis=Good Music+Good Conversation+Good Food=Good Fun Continue
Join us the First Friday of every month from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM for a unique take on “happy hour.” Meet your neighbors, engage in provocative stimulating conversation and raise your voice in song. In collaboration with: feelthemusic.org and janicependarvis.com
Music for the People & preschoolrock Fall Session Begins Saturday, October 8th: Preschool Rock and Rainbow Lab have joined up on Saturday mornings to offer your little ones (2.5 to 5 years old) movement/dance, visual arts and music; individual instruction in all instruments, string ensemble workshops and much more. Check out: www.musicforthepeoplenyc.com and preschoolrock.org for all the specifics and to register.
We will continue to collaborate with The Jazz Foundation, thejazzfoundation.org, bringing free concerts to the neighborhood.
Black Girl Project: is now based at Bailey’s Cafe! Check out their workshops at: http://blackgirlproject.org/event-grid/
Supporting Local Entrepreneurs:
Bubbly Moon Naturals returns to Bailey’s Cafe on Saturdays, October 1st and December 10th from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM with Do It Yourself natural soap and other body products workshops. For more information: https://www.bubblymoonnaturals.com/products/diysoapclass
A New Way to Give to Bailey’s Cafe
You can support Baileys Cafe Inc. free just by shopping online! Use Giving Assistant to shop at 1800+ popular retailers including Best Buy, Macy’s, and Bed Bath & Beyond, and they’ll donate as much as 30% of your total purchase price to Baileys Cafe Inc.. It’s never been easier to change the world—one purchase at a time. Find out how it works here: https://givingassistant.org/np#baileys-cafe-inc
We Look Forward to Seeing You at Bailey’s Soon!
Bailey’s Café is a Brooklyn-based, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to providing creative and collaborative environments to communities across New York City. We create these types of environments through partnerships with local leaders and inter-generational volunteers, all focused on community-building through service and the arts.
We believe in nurturing and guiding individuals in their pursuit of self-knowledge through acting, video making, writing, service, cooking, music, dance, and fine arts. We aim to create an atmosphere of collective awareness, respect and responsibility, built on the talents and resources of the community.
- Relationships are Key: Positive, reciprocal relationship building is a primary part of our process. They are key to individual healing, creativity and community building.
- Inter-generational Matters: In our work and relationships we are always striving to find new ways to “bridge the gap” between all generations and to break down barriers that prevent us from building healthy, peaceful communities.
- Everyone’s Story Counts: Story sharing is fundamental to our creative work; it is a tool for gaining understanding of ourselves, others and the world around us.
- Environment Matters: We respect and nurture our surroundings, the ones we find ourselves in and the ones we create.
- Practice Non Violence in Our Speech and Actions: We strive to model non violence in our work and relationships, between staff, participants, community and our environment.
Events and Programs
Inter-generational Projects and Programs: Community service projects bringing youth and elders together