Connecting Generations to Make a Better World
Saturday, October 10th, 3 PM to 6 PM
Music for the People Monthly Open Mic
MC WBAI Radio Host King Downing
All Poets, Dancers, Musicians, Vocalists,
Storytellers, Spoken Word Artists
Everyone Is Welcome!!
Friday, October 16th, 5 PM to 7 PM
Music for the People Community Sing
With Janice Pendarvis
Join Us in Making a Joyful Sound
No Special Talent Needed!!
Music for the People Fall Session Is Happening
“Let’s Bring the Community Together Through Music!”
September – December 2015
Fall Semester Classes and Workshops
Strings, Brass, Piano, Drums/Percussion
All Ages/All Levels
Special Upcoming MFTP Events:
Beginning Saturdays, Oct.17th @ 4PM
String Ensemble Workshops
October 25th, 7 PM to 9 PM Neighborhood Concert
October 31st, 3 PM to 5 PM, Halloween Party
Music for the People is a Collaboration Between:
Firey Strings Company, Clifton Anderson Quartet,
Arts & Education Continuum, Feel the Music, Bailey’s Cafe
All Are Welcome!!
More Info: Contact Stefanie at: 718-670-7063 or [email protected]
Bailey’s Café is a Brooklyn-based, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to providing creative and collaborative environments to communities across New York City. We create these types of environments through partnerships with local leaders and inter-generational volunteers, all focused on community-building through service and the arts.
We believe in nurturing and guiding individuals in their pursuit of self-knowledge through acting, video making, writing, service, cooking, music, dance, and fine arts. We aim to create an atmosphere of collective awareness, respect and responsibility, built on the talents and resources of the community.
- Relationships are Key: Positive, reciprocal relationship building is a primary part of our process. They are key to individual healing, creativity and community building.
- Inter-generational Matters: In our work and relationships we are always striving to find new ways to “bridge the gap” between all generations and to break down barriers that prevent us from building healthy, peaceful communities.
- Everyone’s Story Counts: Story sharing is fundamental to our creative work; it is a tool for gaining understanding of ourselves, others and the world around us.
- Environment Matters: We respect and nurture our surroundings, the ones we find ourselves in and the ones we create.
- Practice Non Violence in Our Speech and Actions: We strive to model non violence in our work and relationships, between staff, participants, community and our environment.
Events and Programs
Inter-generational Projects and Programs: Community service projects bringing youth and elders together